Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Foiled!

Just when I think I have the humans properly trained in the way I like to do things, they do something right out of left field. Last night when it was time to go in the barn, I did my usual routine: first I blocked Sailor from going in the gate, then I moved just a bit so she could sneek by me. Linda and the man called her to encourage her, and then she gets brave and scoots past me. Of course I let her do this, because if I was serious about stopping her I'd kick her to kingdom come. Anyway, they bring Sailor in the barn (she's such a goody-two-shoes), and then they come back out to call me. So I come into the small paddock behind the barn, but of course, I'm not going to let them off that easy. When the man comes over with my halter, I turn away and face away from the door. He gets all huffy and goes in the barn. Then Linda goes in too, and the door closes! Holy crap! I can hear the man out front getting water, so I run around to the front of the barn to see what's going on. He ignores me. I can't find Linda. So I run back to the back door. It's still closed. I know my night time hay is waiting for me inside, so this is starting to get upsetting. I bang against the back gate, calling the people. Could they really leave me out here in the cold, with no hay? Finally, the door opens again, and I put my head over the gate so the man can put the halter on. I really hate it when the humans get the better of me like this, but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. My hay tasted really good, so it was worth the humiliation. But I won't give up! Boss mares have got keep things under control, so I'll try again tonight.

1 comment: